Monday, March 14, 2011

What videos did Sum 41 make before I was in college?


Search
: sum 41 discography

Why: Daniel asked what everyone thinks of them. The only time I've ever had even one thought about Sum 41 was once when I looked up at the television and saw that a guy in one of their videos was wearing the exact same shirt that I'm wearing in this gem from 1998.
Answer: There are only a few, so this should be easy!
  • "Makes No Difference" (2000)
  • "Fat Lip" (2001)
  • "Pain for Pleasure" (2001)
  • "In Too Deep" (2001)
And the winner is "Pain for Pleasure," which is only 1 minute long. The video for that song is sometimes - but not always - tacked onto the end of the video for "Fat Lip," like it is below. You can see the shirt in action right at the 3:30 mark. It's got the Kanji and everything!
Source: Wikipedia

The More You Know: In case you were wondering, the band was originally called Kaspir, but then they changed the name. Sum 41 = the 41st day of summer, when the band got together.

I like that name, except when it's spelled Casper. Maybe I will name a kid that.